When chicken meets halloumi. The favourite recipe with Cypriot taste and aroma.
For the Chicken:
- 1 chicken breast approx. 250gr
- 60gr Halloumi DAFNI (cut into sticks)
- 3 Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Fresh Mint
- Salt and Pepper
For the Champagne Sauce:
- 1.5 cups Champagne or other sparkling white wine
- 0.5 cup fresh cream
- 200g of fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 2 tablespoons of chopped spring onions
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh chives
- With a sharp knife open the chicken breast in the middle (butterfly).
- Stuff the bird with the Halloumi sticks, the sun dried tomatoes and a few mint leaves.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Roll the chicken and tie it with a cooking cord.
- Place the chicken in a baking tray with non-stick paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180° for 20 minutes.
- Sauté onion and mushrooms with butter on high heat.
- When softened, sprinkle with the flour and add ¾ of the champagne and broth. Add salt and boil over low heat for 15 minutes stirring constantly.
- When it’s ready, strain the sauce and put it back in the pan.
- Add the fresh cream and the rest of the champagne and leave on moderate heat, stirring for a few minutes, but don’t let it boil.
- Put the pappardelle in boiling water. Cook until al dente.
- Drain pasta.
- Put it back in the saucepan and add the champagne sauce.
- Mix and serve.
Serve the pappardelle with the champagne sauce on the plate.
Place the chicken roll over the pasta.
Garnish with freshly ground pepper and chopped chives.