Halloumi wrapped in a crispy phyllo dough. An appetizer with a salty-sweet flavor.
INGREDIENTS (4 servings)
For The “Packets”:
- 1 DAFNI Halloumi sliced into 8 pieces
- 4 sheets phyllo dough
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter melted
For the Commandaria Wine Sauce:
- 100g Commandaria Wine
- 50g orange juice
- 25g sugar
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 pieces star anise
- 70g dry figs cut into small pieces
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- Cut each phyllo dough sheet in half. Fold each piece in the middle.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Place one slice of the Halloumi at the center of the long side of the phyllo sheet. Fold the two sides over the Halloumi. Fold again to create a square “packet”.
- Brush with butter.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 220° for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
The Commandaria Sauce:
- Put all the ingredients of the sauce in a saucepan.
- Boil for 20 minutes or until the figs become soft.
- Add the corn flour (after dissolving it in 2 tbsps water).
- Remove cinnamon and star anise.
- Boil until the sauce thickens to the desired consistency.
Put some of the sauce on a plate. Put 2 packets. Garnish with more sauce.